Robotron X (Sep 6, 1996 prototype)
|Robotron X (Sep 6, 1996 prototype)|
|Download Robotron X (Sep 6, 1996 prototype) (info)|
A prototype/prerelease build of Robotron X for the PlayStation from 1996-09-06 (about 7 weeks before the North American and European release builds, 3 months before the Japanese release build).
- The level content is significantly different vs. the release build.
- Only a few of the music tracks from the final version are present.
- The options menu in this prototype allows selection of the starting level, up to 20 lives, vs. 10 in the release build, and allows setting an extra life at a minimum of 5000 points, vs. 10000 in the release build.
- Significantly different attract mode.
- Much shorter intro before the main menu/attract mode.
- Track 2 has a size of 1,891,008 bytes, which appears to be unique to this prototype, but it is simply 11 seconds of silence.
This prototype was recovered from a disc with physical damage or bitrot. The data track was successfully recovered, but some of the music tracks were corrupted. The corruption is not sufficient to be audible, but if you wish to recreate a pristine copy of the prototype, perform the following replacements from the release build, as the music is identical:
- Use track 9 from the release build in place of track 3 in the prototype.
- Use track 11 from the release build in place of track 4 in the prototype.