MediEvil (Aug 14, 1997 rolling demo)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|MediEvil (Aug 14, 1997 rolling demo)|
|Download MediEvil (Aug 14, 1997 rolling demo) (info)|
A rolling demo of MediEvil based on a very early prototype.
The Cutting Room Floor research
- Included in the archive is a dump of the original demo that included it, as well as a standalone hacked version by SolidSnake11 that makes it playable with Debug2 unlocked.
- Levels available in this demo: The Graveyard, The Hilltop Mausoleum, Scarecrow Fields, Pumpkin Gorge, The Sleeping Village, The Asylum Grounds, The Ant Caves, Pools of the Ancient Dead, The Haunted Ruins and The Ghost Ship.
- Proper music is not available, instead only short snippets are used which end after a few seconds.
- The cut trident weapon albeit broken, is still included in this version, although by ECTS 1997 the weapon was already seemingly cut.
- The health system in this version is completely different, it is much more arcade-like compared to later iterations.
- In the executable there is a list of all levels including many cut ones. However, no maps are contained in the files for the demo's unused levels. Despite that, texture data for all levels as well as some model data for The Crystal Caves and The Pumpkin Serpent can be found in the files.
- Special Thanks to SolidSnake11 for creating a playable standalone version.