|Double Dragon (NES prototype)
||US Jun 1988|
JP Apr 8 1988
An early prototype of Double Dragon for NES. It was released by Skrybe on Jul 05, 2007.
- Free Play is enabled.
- If left alone on the title screen the game will start a unfinished attract mode. It isn't programmed to show gameplay and the player won't move. Eventually the player will die and it will go into Game Over mode, only to boot back into level 1.
- No shoulder toss throw.
- Abilities and special moves awarded at different star levels.
- Can sometimes fight more than 2 enemies at once.
- Can skip levels by pressing Start.
- Some palettes are different.
- Unfunctional elevator shaft in the section by right wall in the first level is blocked. In the final game the player can actually walk up the shaft.
- Extra Rock in level 3.
- Double cave doors in level 3 lead to different places. Left door proceeds and right door leads inside but at the end it will loop back outside to the cavern entrance.
- Final level 3 exit won't open but can still be entered, regardless.
- Extra rock on top of mountain in level 4.
- Double doors in level 4 lead to different places. Left door proceeds and right door leads to the previous level.
- Jimmy Lee is no longer the final boss, the game ends with the defeat of Willy.