Burnout 3: Takedown (Jun 22, 2004 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Burnout 3: Takedown (Jun 22, 2004 prototype)|
|Download Burnout 3: Takedown (Jun 22, 2004 prototype) (info)|
|Error: The download file provided does not exist, please upload it or fix the file name if it's incorrect.|
|Download Burnout 3: Takedown (Jun 22, 2004 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Burnout 3: Takedown for the Xbox.
- Compiled almost a month before the US build (the first final retail build).
- Demo build.
- Opening FMV is missing, however all the company logos are present.
- Doesn't load into a title screen, goes right to the main menu instead. Likewise, you cannot select a profile like in the final game.
- Only Crash Nav is selectable from the main menu. All other options are greyed out and cannot be selected.
- The "Xbox Live" option as seen in the final build is known as "Online" in this build.
- Known as "Burnout 3" in the demo, but the final game name would be "Burnout 3: Takedown".
- Game lacks the EA "Trax" feature.
- Only USA is a selectable region.
- Selecting a location is different in this build. You select the actual event that is located within each region. In the final, you select the region on the map and then select the event.
- Only certain types of events are accessible in certain locations for this demo.
- You cannot view Driver Details in this build while on the main menu.
- This build doesn't list any events that have yet to be unlocked yet.
- You cannot select a car in this build.
- No "Rules of the Road" section.
- This build shows a controller layout while the game is loading.
- The location of the speedometer's stats is different in this build.
- Includes "Speed Up!" penalty for whenever the player stalls for more than 5 seconds in a Road Rage.
- XBE information:
- Internal Name: Burnout 3
- Maker ID and Product Number: EA-65285
- Executable Name: default.xbe
- Executable checksum (MD5): 244b89825832b693f602f7f8792de082
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable: Yes (Xemu) (as of September 12, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
|Xbox - Burnout 3 Takedown preview.bin||File||2021-03-10 13:44:26||3.65 GB||a7ec352a9eb7efcd70ec026d3e2826d545b30705|
|Xbox - Burnout 3 Takedown preview.cue||File||2021-03-10 13:44:27||99 bytes||e4dc59ab0a615389cf85561af2d4e5e053f65d7b|
|Xbox - Burnout 3 Takedown preview.jpeg||File||2021-04-09 22:13:29||3.04 MB||6169ce611c95af37225ca930f62c38dbb722c9ac|
A huge thanks to ehw for researching this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!
- Project Deluge: Xbox and Dreamcast (September 18, 2021)
- The Cutting Room Floor (TCRF)
- Internet Archive (IA)