Assets/Spyro the Dragon/PAL Press CD
|Spyro the Dragon · PAL Press CD
A press asset disc of Spyro the Dragon for the Sony PlayStation, dated around a month after the game initially released. The disc was included within a limited release of press kits given to journalists in the PAL region.
|Download Assets/Spyro the Dragon/PAL Press CD (info)
|Download Assets/Spyro the Dragon/PAL Press CD from external mirror
A press asset disc included within a limited release of press kits given to journalists in PAL region countries. Several thousand copies of this press kit are known to exist, and many of the assets have existed online for many years, but a full disc image dump does not appear to have been made broadly accessible until around 2021.
- Press kit is dated October 1st, 1998. This is roughly a month after the initial release of the game and just under two months after the earliest final build of the game.
- The disc contains:
- A number of high-resolution art assets.
- Renders of a few of the enemies and characters.
- A logo for the game.
- Box art.
- A collection of in-game screenshots taken across a wide range of points in development, roughly ranging from March 1998 to August 1998.
- Multiple text documents in a handful of different languages.
- Some of the art assets on this disc were used as covers for various magazines, and they even have filenames indicating which ones they were designed for.
- For example, the GameInformer cover is labelled "GICOVER".
- There's a couple of lines of text in the primary volume data:
APPLE COMPUTER, INC., TYPE: 0002SPYRO_PRESS_CD_IMAGES__PC_
TOAST ISO 9660 BUILDER COPYRIGHT (C) 1997 ADAPTEC, INC. - HAVE A NICE DAY
All files were originally in .tiff format, but have been converted to .png: