Aladdin (Chicago C.E.S demo)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Aladdin (Chicago C.E.S demo)
|Download Aladdin (Chicago C.E.S demo) (info)
A work in progress build of Aladdin for the Sega Genesis. This cart was apparently shown at the Chicago CES trade show back in 1993.
The Cutting Room Floor research
- The game begins at startup on a level select screen that operates the same as the level select screen in the final.
- The ROM's internal header refers to it as The Jungle Book.
- A lot of levels have enemies either missing from the final or incomplete pencil tests.
- The level music for Level 2 "The Desert" is a completely different tune that was cut from the final. It's based on a track from Jungle Book.
- Aladdin's lives icon looks different.
- The "Inside the Lamp" level is completely different from the final. Instead of going all the way to the right of the level, the player instead has to reach the very top by riding on Genie bowling balls and jumping on springs. A lot of graphics appear that are not in the final iteration of the level.
- The final level uses a different background.