XIII (Aug 7, 2003 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|XIII (Aug 7, 2003 prototype)|
|Download XIII (Aug 7, 2003 prototype) (info)|
|Error: The download file provided does not exist, please upload it or fix the file name if it's incorrect.|
|Download XIII (Aug 7, 2003 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of XIII for the PlayStation 2.
- A preview build from about two and a half months before the final build.
- It's an NTSC build, but seems to have all of the PAL language options and a Union Flag instead of the US flag on the languages selection. The translation seems to be largely incomplete.
- There's no title screen - the game goes straight to the main menu. The main menu looks a bit different and has an option to select a "Default" profile, presumably to avoid requiring that the player inputs a name.
- The menus are generally incomplete and feature some different labels and layouts to the final. Most of the options on the "Continue" menu do not work.
- Many menus - particularly the pause menu - seem to misbehave when navigating with the analogue stick, rather than the d-pad.
- Attempting to load the game or use the continue feature seems to consistently crash the game.
- The "UbiSoft's Online Game Service" - here labelled as "Ubisoft's Game Service" - seems to have some sort of unique functionality even when there's no internet connection.
- Loading screens seem to use slightly unfinished visuals.
- Some of the cutscenes are missing.
- The in-game pause menu has some visual changes and a few different options, and each of the menus within the pause menu differ from their final designs, too. The item and skill menus explicitly say "Temp" to indicate their incompleteness, and contain no other functionality.
- A version number ("v118") is displayed in the bottom left corner of the pause menu at all times.
- Messages about the memory card pop up frequently, particularly in the pause menu.
- Pop-up messages use a rather basic transparent black background, rather than using a speech bubble motif.
- Occasionally, in menus, selection sounds will repeat for several seconds after they were supposed to stop playing.
- Saved games show a different date format and some completely different level names.
- By moving the cursor downwards from the "Options" selection on the main menu makes the cursor hover over an invisible selection labelled "DEBUG ONLY". Opening this menu brings up a map selection.
- One of the maps that can be selected is called "Empty" and is nothing but a small, empty, inescapable room.
- The credits can also be viewed directly using this menu.
- The credits are completely silent.
- Part of the credits are incomplete, replacing the US Marketing team text with "???".
- The credits do not seem to end and they cannot be exited.
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable (in PCSX2): Yes (as of March 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
|PS2 - XIII Internal.bin||File||2020-11-18 12:44:48||2.74 GB||cae83ae096352b1c771d07f6086bb8a2e9a0373d|
|PS2 - XIII Internal.cue||File||2020-11-18 12:44:48||85 bytes||22a9ab07df2cab595a953bfea06c8bc37e08e2a2|
|PS2 - XIII Internal.jpeg||File||2021-03-14 11:43:14||820.9 KB||3382dcfff3c5d06f1190136a12ee9b4e04a7aca1|
A huge thanks to Hwd45 for doing the initial research on this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!
- Project Deluge: PlayStation 2 (Initial Announcement Article) (March 20, 2021)
- Cutting Room Floor (TCRF)
- Internet Archive (IA)