Akuu Senki Raijin (Oct 14, 1987 prototype)
From Hidden Palace
Revision as of 21:52, June 30, 2019 by Skrybe
|Akuu Senki Raijin (Oct 14, 1987 prototype)|
|Download Akuu Senki Raijin (Oct 14, 1987 prototype) (info)|
An early, unfinished prototype of Akuu Senki Raijin for the Nintendo Famicom Disk System.
- This build is unfinished and impossible to complete normally. When entering the final level, the game loads a glitched map that only allows the player to progress for a few screens.
- Bosses are encountered in a different order, and all but one use early designs. The stage 4 boss has one animation frame consisting entirely of placeholder tiles.
- Completely different title screens, referring to the game as "Rising".
- File load screen is very minimal.
- Stage number is not announced when entering a new stage.
- Only bosses drop health recovery items in the proto, where all enemies can drop them in the retail version.
- Shields cost far less in the proto.
- Levels tend to have fewer background details. Some later areas just have large fields of a single color.