|Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko (Dec 30, 1998 prototype)
||Dec 30, 1998 14:48:20
||Released, redump needed
||Preview Gex 3 12/30/98
||CloneCD (GSA-U10N, Lite-On)
||Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko
||EU Feb 15, 1999|
US Mar 5, 1999
||US Mar 23, 1999|
EU Apr 1999
A prototype of Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko for the Sony PlayStation.
- The disc has been dumped with two separate dumpers with CloneCD, but generating the same output. The subchannel data is not accurate, however (but isn't used by this game).
- No title screen.
- A debug menu can be activated any time in game by pressing SELECT. You can access a level select, view game statistics, modify the camera settings, and more.
- You can utilize free movement by holding down the START button and navigating the map with the directional pad. Pressing START+Down disengages.
- There are unfinished stages as well as a handful of test stages.
- The following levels are included in this build (accessible from the N64 Levels section of the debug menu), but not the final PlayStation release of the game: fvilla1, jaws1, myth3, pirate88, push44, spider01, water15. fvilla1, jaws1, and water15 are not present in the final N64 release.
- A collection of dialog clips from the previous Gex game is included in this build - g3\sounds\voice\voicep.dat. It was removed before the final release.