Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future (Jan 26, 2000 prototype)
From Hidden Palace
|Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future (Jan 26, 2000 prototype)|
|Download Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future (Jan 26, 2000 prototype) (info)|
A prototype of Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future for the Sega Dreamcast.
- This prototype is a bad dump. There were some physical issues with the GD-R which caused every dump attempt to fail in certain areas. In every attempt, 170_CROSS_EEL.GDE, 180_ATLANTIS.GDE, and 250_DOOMSDAY.GDE had sectors that were consistantly unreadable. There were also bad sectors in track03.bin, however this tracks contains no data used by the game. An attempt was made to repair the bad sectors in each of these levels by carefully analyzing the data of the levels by comparing them to the next available build of the game. The bytes that were meant to match in both versions were copied over from the working build and were used to replace the corrupt bytes in the bad dump. The sector header information was added back manually by hand. Unfortantely, the scramble data that follows the sector remains corrupt, as there is currently no known way to recalculate the data. Both the original dump as well as the modified dump are presented here.
- Loading screen is different.
- Title screen is different.
- There is no VMU screen in this build.
- The menu is completely different.
- Load Game brings up a level select.
- Inventory screen is different.
- Appaloosa watermark is present at all times during normal game play.
- Some stage lack proper loading screens, and instead display the map file name.
- The prototype lacks any CDDA tracks.
- The prototype lacks any cutscenes aside from a few level introductions.